Mat Teacher Training
Starts December 1, 2018
Ends December 31, 2018
49 east 12th street, New York, NY 10003
- The Principles
- Review of Anatomy, Biomechanics & Client Assessment
- Choreography (pre-Pilates to advanced)
- Modifications: Progressions & Regressions
- Group Fitness Lab
- Session Flow & Teacher Creatures
EMPOWER & INSPIRE
Our intensive, intimate (no more than four students per semester) and innovative accreditation program is an ideal solution for individuals seeking deeper Pilates knowledge to attain personal and professional goals.
Our instruction will empower and inspire you; you’ll graduate feeling totally equipped.
- Prerequisite: you’re an advanced practitioner with reputable anatomy credit hours.
- Step one: submit application.
- Step two: schedule an audition/assessment session for a fee of $100; once accepted into the program, the fee will be applied to your tuition.
- Step three: enroll.
- Students are allotted one year from the time they begin their accreditation to complete all of their independent study and have the flexibility to design their own schedule. The following are mandatory: 20 lecture hours | 10 observation hours | 10 self-practice hours | 10 student teaching hours | 20 apprentice teaching hours.
- Depending on your unique learning style, beyond the mandatory hours listed above and the lectures, the remaining hours are customizable. But, you must complete all 450 hours and complete a mat minimum of 125 hours (inclusive of lecture hours).
- Interactive lecture sessions are an awesome opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge via experience. In addition to performing and feeling each exercise in your own body, we will discuss, discover and deploy the latest methods and trends. You’ll hone your observation techniques and perfect your “teacher creature” while cueing the choreography and analyzing your classmates’ movements.
- It is mandatory for you to attend all the hours of lecture instruction. In case you are not able to attend a section of lecture instruction, you will need to make up the section missed with apt amount of the private lecture training at your own additional expense.
- Access to our electronic manual, which features videos of all the choreography, is exclusively offered on our web-posting; the subscription will lapse one year from the time of your foremost lecture hour.
- These hours can be finished at your convenience in any studio that works with essential equipment.
- You can select your desired location to observe certified Pilates trainers but please obtain consent from the facility and staff, as well as the client, before starting to observe.
- It is advisable to observe a mix of private and group classes.
These allotted hours can be completed at any desired facility enabling you to perform independently on the approved Pilates equipment.
- You may count any private and/or group fitness classes at any facility where you can be taught on the mandatory equipment toward your self-practice hours.
- Additionally, you may elect to take advantage of NIMBLE’s $500/year fee for access to NIMBLE’s Pilates equipment for self-practice hours.
- If you do not wish to pay a yearly fee for studio use, you may still book self-practice hours at NIMBLE when the equipment is available, at a reduced cost of $30/hour.
- Self-practice is allowed during weekday working hours except peak hours. You can request access during weekends only by written request with at least three days’ advanced notice.
- Instructors who are working with the clients have their top priority on equipment.
- Practitioner may be asked to rehearse on any other apparatus in case s/he is using the equipment an instructor wishes to utilize for client, class or any equipment session.
- Contact front desk for prior approval of hours or you may not be permitted to work at your desired time.
- Scheduling is reserved by practitioners directly with the help of NIMBLE’s web-scheduler.
- An invaluable opportunity to rehearse with various Pilates Mastery candidates, certified instructors and/or advanced Pilates practitioners from other programs.
- While candidates are strengthening their talent, they will instruct clients. These teaching opportunities are unpaid. In case you are not able to fulfill your commitment, then you will have the option to explore any other approved instructor.
- Once you have completed the mandatory hours, you may audition to become an intern. Clients are offered a discounted “intern rate” of $60 /session; interns will earn $20/session.
- Interns should be qualified for teaching classes as per consent of management. When permitted to teach group classes, interns will earn $20 each class with a minimum of two participants and a $5 bonus for every add-on participant. Classes will not exceed five students.
- After finishing your mandatory hours, you will be required to take a written examination, and after that, a practical exam. The written examination analyzes your skills of coursework. After qualifying, the practical exam will test your teaching abilities. You will be graded on: client assessment, session flow, observation skills, cueing and execution of “the principles.”
- For an additional fee, you will be assigned a coach for a one-month semester. During the semester, you will meet on a weekly basis for two consecutive hours. Weekly sessions are sub-categorized as:
- One-hour Pilates session with the trainer.
- One hour for supervised teaching with complete coaching assistance followed by feedback.
- Email exchange for follow-up for Q/A.
- Feel trapped in “Pilates jail?” After an audition, you may bridge your hours and start the journey to earn a Pilates Mastery degree. Get to the finish line feeling confident, knowledgeable, strong and happy.